User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: iPod and Navigation issues
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 pm 

I have a 2014.5 I just purchased new and I have a few Entunes issues. First, Entunes continually freezes my iPod up seemingly for no reason at all. I have 5 different iPods, two gen 6 Classics, one gen 7 Classic, one gen 2 Touch and on gen 6 Nano and I've tried each with factory and aftermarket cables.

In each instance and under no discernable pattern the iPod in use freezes up and must be disconnected, restarted by sliding the hold switch on and off, then holding the menu and center button down until the apple appears. Then I reinstall it and it works for as few as 4 songs to as many as a few dozen, but in every instance the iPod eventually freezes up. I spent two hours at the service department while they supposedly downloaded the newest software only to find my car already had it. This is more than maddening, it can be dangerous to unplug, restart and reinstall my iPod while driving and pulling over isn't always practical. I should note that iPod is my preferred audio source.

One more issue I discovered while on vacation in a different town is that the navigation system cuts directions short at times and doesn't finish sentences concerning upcoming turn.