User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toyota 2015 Highlander Limited Platinum USB questions/issues
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:18 pm 

I just received my 2015 Highlander with the JBL audio and have been doing lots of reading from all over different forums. The general consensus is the audio system and quality is pretty bad. I'm coming from a 2003 4Runner Limited so for me, the sound quality and entune options are a major upgrade that I am not looking to replace or change just yet although audio quality for me is pretty important so at some point, I may rethink this and start by replacing the speakers while woring my way back to the head unit as others have suggested. All that being said, I do have a few questions about the Entune system in my new SVU.
According to the manual, the USB media only allows a maximum of 9999 audio files. I purchased a 128G USB flash drive in hopes of loading it up, but I am already over the 9999 limit and roughly 1/3 of my songs aren't being detected. I know I can get a another flash drive, but I am hoping that someone has a miracle workaround for the file limit. I am almost positive that I have seen others with Entune systems that have much higher limits so I am a little shocked that the 2015 system has decreased the limit. I have used mp3tag (awesome program!) to organize my USB drive my artist/album. I verified the only limit I exceeded was the number of audio files (MP3 FWIW). I understand that 9999 is still a lot of but I like to keep entire catalogs of artists on the USB so the files add up quickly.
Does anyone have contact info for the Entune developers or at least an Entune department that these things can be discussed with them? Going through a dealer to discuss these things is pretty much pointless I think. Other than the Entune system, I absolutely love the car though so maybe my choice is to eventually replace the head unit with a better option.