User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: USB Media II
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:24 pm 

Has anyone found a USB HardDrive that works? I have tried a Seagate, 2 different Westen Digitals, and an aftermarket enclosure for a laptop drive. 2 aren't recognized at all, and the other two prompt the message "USB power consumption is too high. Therefore the USB device will be turned off." What a crock! This is the same drive I use to play mp4 movies on a QUMI Q5 projector running off a battery! My brand new $2000 sound system can't provide 1.5 amps @ 5vdc (USB 2.0 Spec) in a vehicle with a 12vdc system?!?! I have a 350Gb MP3 collection and am highly disappointed that the entune/jbl will not allow me to use a portable harddrive.

So, what the Toyota engineers are saying, is that my tiny little handheld projector is more powerful than my new 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab Long Bed Pickup Truck with a 130 amp alternator?

Post subject: Re: USB Media II
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 pm 

I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012. Love it.

I have a Patriot XT 16gb USB 2.0. It works perfectly. Currently have about 3GB music on it.

I wanted more memory so I purchased a PNY 64GB USB 3.0 drive. When I first loaded music to it, it worked fine. However it was acting a bit strangely on my PC (slow deletion of files for example), so I reformatted it to Fat32 with a 8192 byte cluster size. This is the exact same spec my working Patriot memory is formatted to, except that the PNY shows 63 GB free instead of 16GB. I copied music from the Patriot to the PNY as a test, but it will not work. After placing the PNY into the car, I get the message "Checking USB Drive, please wait" and then it just hangs. For some reason, it does not want to use this USB drive since I reformatted it. I have no idea why at this point.

Post subject: Re: USB Media II
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm 

I resolved my issue with formatting a USB drive. I changed the program that I was using to do it, and that resolved the issue.
The program I used successfully was MiniAide Fat32 Formatter, Home Edition 1.05. While it worked perfectly on my Windows 7 computer, it crashed on my Windows 8 computer.

Also, as a test, I loaded music onto SD drives that had been formatted by my camera. I then plugged them into the USB port via a converted, and this worked as well.
:) :)