User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: USB Media
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:21 am 

I have a new 2016 Corolla LE Plus. I found out I could not upgrade to Entune Audio Plus. I looked at getting an aftermarket unit but just to get a cheap unit would run me 730.00 with installation if I wanted to use the camera and steering wheel controls.
Anyway. I have tried using several thumb drives. I get album art but what I cannot seem to get are playlists. I tried using Windows Media Player. The usb drives I have used are using FAT32. I reformatted the latest one before I loaded music on it and still no playlists. This was just a 1 gb unit. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get playlists to work here?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:01 pm 

New 2016 Sequoia .... it seems that despite the FAT32 formatting of my 32GB SanDisk Cruiser, the system only plays the top portion of my playlist (Artists beginning with A, B or C because my songs are named as "Artist - Title"). I can't even locate songs or artists on the drive with the browse function....... and I know are there. The USB thumb drive is less than half full. Is there a limitation to the Entune system of my new car? AM I doing something wrong?

Edit #1: I notice some of the posts refer to "indexing" or something similar and that it takes a really long time. My system doesn't do that nor does it give me the option. Very frustrating that I have ~ 2,000 songs on my thumb drive, yet the same ones (at the beginning of the alphabet repeat way too often. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:58 pm 

i have a 2016 tacoma...i couldn't get my 32 gig samsung stick to show more than 500 songs...what i did was make folders and named them music 1, music 2, etc...then put 500 songs in each...you could prob do more or less, put the songs in them and now it reads all 1300+ songs...i've read a lot of diff posts where people did this, did that, blah, blah, blah...but what i did worked fine for me...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 pm 

Thanks pointman_12:

I agree. I called Toyota and actually spoke with someone and was told that the Entune Premium system has a USB limitation of 8GB.
I did the same thing as you did and created several directories on my 32GB SanDisk Cruiser and moved a little less than 8GB of music into each of the directories.

I "browsed" the list and was very pleased to see everything (the directories were not evident though) and as I listened very carefully, songs from all of the different directories were playing as I set it to "RANDOM".

Toyota needs to understand that we have collected lots of music over the years and they also need to increase the capacity of their system.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:39 pm 

yw...i'm still using a 32 gig stick...just slowly adding music to it...i have about 10 gigs on there now but to me the important thing was entune seeing all the files...and it does that putting them in diff folders...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:12 am 

I'm using a 32 gig stick also and have just over 20 gig of music on it. All my music is in folders broken down in a tree by group then album and I have no problem seeing all my music.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:48 pm 

Just tried using the USB player in my 2015 Camry. Have a 12 year-old (at least) Kingston 2GB drive nd it plays all my older MP3 files but none of my newer ones. I see the list of all the files in the menu but when I select a newer song it just plays one of the really old ones I loaded on the drive many years ago. It plays all the old songs but none of the new ones I recently loaded onto the drive. Anyone have any ideas? Are there different "flavors" of MP3 that the car doesn't like? If so, how can one know the difference?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:58 am 

JRNipper wrote:
Just tried using the USB player in my 2015 Camry. Have a 12 year-old (at least) Kingston 2GB drive nd it plays all my older MP3 files but none of my newer ones. I see the list of all the files in the menu but when I select a newer song it just plays one of the really old ones I loaded on the drive many years ago. It plays all the old songs but none of the new ones I recently loaded onto the drive. Anyone have any ideas? Are there different "flavors" of MP3 that the car doesn't like? If so, how can one know the difference?

I use 2 different 32 gig thumb drives each named differently which will force the Entune to read the entire thumb drive rather that just looking for updates.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am 

Just thinking out loud but maybe 32 GB is the largest it can handle.