User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Test messaging problem with iPhone 6s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Posted for someone, does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Quote:
Hello,

I have a 2016 4Runner and an iPhone 6S. Every time I start the truck, it will not receive text messages. On the Entune head unit, I go to the messaging section, and it asks “Would you like to set up messaging?” After clicking “Yes", it will receive texts for the duration of the time the truck is on. When turning the truck on/off again, before receiving texts, I will have to follow the same process. I have to do this every time I get in the truck to receive text messages.

On my phone I have already checked “show notifications” in the Bluetooth settings menu. Is there a way to have messaging permanently setup for my iPhone? I feel like I should not have to answer “Would you like to set up messaging” every time.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nick

Post subject: Re: Test messaging problem with iPhone 6s
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:28 pm 

Nick

I have the exact same problem. I have the iPhone 6s and I have to reconnect txt messaging every time. I have an open call into Toyota custom care on this. If I get any updates I will post them, please do the same.

Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:58 pm 

I have an iPhone 6 and just got a 2016 Highlander. I am having the same problem. Went back to the dealer and they are stumped. All other features are working...I can access my contacts, make calls and stream my music.
Looking for any advice that you find out!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:54 pm 

probably will post this separately as well. but I'm having a similar problem.. only the messaging never works.. the "show notifications" setting doesn't show in the iphone's bluetooth for the entune connection.. calls and music streaming work fine.. I have also tried it with an Android and that does not work either (it never prompts for the messaging permission on the droid).. Hoping a software update fixes this for you guys (and me!)..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:14 am 

I've been on the phone with a tech at Toyota Customer CAre. My phone is still doing the same thing but no problems with my husband's iPhone 5s. I had it working while on the phone with customer care but now it's not working again. Waiting for a call back again to try a few more things. He is thinking it's just my phone since the hubby's works fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 am 

My Iphone texts don't come through either. The dealership couldn't seem to figure it out either. Then I found this website
http://www.toyota.com/content/entune/pd ... Trucks.pdf
Apparently all phones are not compatable. Iam now trying to figure out how to pick a phone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 am 

Holy crap, I think I found it.
Thank you for all of the blogs. I have read through and figured there was an issue with
the Audio player and the text messaging initialization.
Try going to - Apps, Setup, Bluetooth, System settings, (page down) UNCHECK - Display audio player status.
Shut off vehicle and restart normally. Mine has been working as advertised since.

- Good Luck

Let me know how it works out. I have the iphone SE.

Hicksmeister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:47 pm 

Please see my post in this forum regarding messaging and "quick contacts"