User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LG V10 and Toyota Entune - texts not coming through
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

An Entune user sent this question to me:

Good evening,

I recently noticed that the texts are not coming in while I'm connected to entune. They were working just fine about a week ago or so. I realize that the only texts that do pop up are from people that have never texted me. If I receive a text from a favorite contact, then it does not pop up. The volume does lower itself while I'm listening to the radio, so I know something is happening, however the text never comes through. If an unknown person texts me, then those do come through just fine.

I've tried deleting all of my texts, going into my android phone (LG V10) and deleted data and cache from the messaging app as well as the entune app. Nothing has worked. It's annoying, since it was working fine a week or so ago. I've also pressed and held the power button until the unit restarts. Is there any way to delete all cache memory within the nav system?

Any ideas?

BTW:

Toyota Sienna 2015 EX with Nav System

Thank you.

Richard C.

Post subject: Re: LG V10 and Toyota Entune - texts not coming through
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:34 pm 

Same issue here. I send myself a text and on the messaging screen it says "downloading texts" twice and then nothing happens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:24 am 

SOLVED....Sold the LG and bought a Galaxy S7 Edge.....All is fine now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:31 am 

Have a Note 4 and not getting texts either on my RAV4. Toyota has been contacted several times and as yet failed to respond????? Are they running away from this?????

Problem also occurs with another Note 4 on a Lexus RX350. Lexus threw their arms in the air????????

Both vehicles are 2016's.

Toyota needs to get ahold of this situation since it has affected just about all Android users and Entune software stinks. Someone recently told me that it was designed around Apple iPhones operating system. But I see there are issues out there also.

Where are you Toyota engineers????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:46 pm 

gerv275 wrote:
Have a Note 4 and not getting texts either on my RAV4. Toyota has been contacted several times and as yet failed to respond????? Are they running away from this?????

Problem also occurs with another Note 4 on a Lexus RX350. Lexus threw their arms in the air????????

Both vehicles are 2016's.

Toyota needs to get ahold of this situation since it has affected just about all Android users and Entune software stinks. Someone recently told me that it was designed around Apple iPhones operating system. But I see there are issues out there also.

Where are you Toyota engineers????

See my post in this forum regarding messaging and "quick contacts"