User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Text messaging issues with iphone 6s
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:37 pm 

I have a 2017 Tundra with the premium entune system. I can set up text messaging and it works just fine, but when i turn the truck off and back on all I can get is one new text message and the only option is ignore. I don't have the read option and then when new texts are received on my phone the entune system does not get them. The only way to get it to work is to delete the phone from entune and forget the bluetooth device on my phone and set it up again. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed. I paid for this $49K truck and the software doesn't work with my phone. This is unacceptable. Tech support told me i need to delete my messages off my phone, they said it only works if I have less than 100. This is ridiculous, I should be able to keep as meany messages on my phone as I want. Does anyone have any idea if the issue is going to be fixed?

Post subject: Re: Text messaging issues with iphone 6s
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:41 am 

bgmullan wrote:
I have a 2017 Tundra with the premium entune system. I can set up text messaging and it works just fine, but when i turn the truck off and back on all I can get is one new text message and the only option is ignore. I don't have the read option and then when new texts are received on my phone the entune system does not get them. The only way to get it to work is to delete the phone from entune and forget the bluetooth device on my phone and set it up again. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed. I paid for this $49K truck and the software doesn't work with my phone. This is unacceptable. Tech support told me i need to delete my messages off my phone, they said it only works if I have less than 100. This is ridiculous, I should be able to keep as meany messages on my phone as I want. Does anyone have any idea if the issue is going to be fixed?

Everything has a limit on memory, even your phone and I don't see any changes coming. If they would make changes your head unit would have to be pulled and more memory added to it and I'm sure at you cost.
If they would add more memory I'd like to see it go to storing music and have it be at least 64 Gig rather than rely upon my thumb drive.

Post subject: Re: Text messaging issues with iphone 6s
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:43 pm 

See my post regarding messaging and "quick contacts" in this forum.