User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: IPHONE 6: Contact Images & Email
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:54 pm 

Just purchased a Rav2015 with Entune Plus Navigation. Everything works great, except that I do not see images for contacts and I cannot receive emails. I called technical support and they couldn't help me out either. Suggestions?

Post subject: Re: IPHONE 6: Contact Images & Email
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 pm 

I am having a similar issue.....

I have a 2014 Tundra CM SR5 with the Entune Audio Plus (no Nav) and I have it paired (via Bluetooth) with my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3 and all functions (audio, phone calls, text messages, etc.) seem to work great.

My only issue is that the images for the contacts (avatars) do not show up on the head unit. The names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc., all show up, just not the pictures.

I have searched this forum and others; I have tried different formats (jpeg, gif) and different sizes (50K to 2MB), un/re-pairing, forgetting devices on both HU and phone, spoke with Entune support person ... all with no success.

Help!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:32 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 pm 

I have the same problem with my wife's iphone 5s on our 2015 Sienna. At first I thought it was just one of the many entune features that Toyota decided to disable in Canada but then I got the contact images to work on my Android phone. The trick there was to install an app called "Bluetooth Phonebook" which seems to take over the contact synching settings. With it installed everything works as expected on my android phone. I looked for an iOS equivalent but haven't found one yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 pm 

bump.

Has anyone gotten their Entune to show pictures of their contacts next to their phone numbers using an iPhone?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 am 

At first I thought it was just one of the many entune features that Toyota decided to disable in Canada but then I got the contact images to work on my Android phone.
goldenslot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:36 pm 

I am having the same issues. Toyota has this feature as a selling tactic that is a scam as far as I am concerned. It is interesting that we can get no resolution.

Post subject: IPHONE 6 Contact Images Email
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:28 pm 

hi all. Now theres a thought, I have one on my blog theworkshop for any one to contact me at any time, which is regularly used, but seeing the forum consists of member could it be set up for use of none member also ?