User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Entune diagnostic screens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:10 am 

I stumbled onto the hidden diagnostic screen of my HDD premium audio entune. They are meant for toyota service technician access only, and are not part of the normal entune customer areas. Lots of options for testing the features of entune and some for calibrations. I definitely don't recommend messing with the calibration stuff. The testing and diagnostic screens could help some of the advanced people, that are having entune difficulties, determine if their units are defective. If people are interested, and if this sites administrators don't have a problem with it, I will post the procedure to access the diagnostics screen in the near future.

Post subject: Re: Entune diagnostic screens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:16 pm 

I don't see why anybody would have a problem with it - just make sure to mention that people should use it at their own risk :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:46 pm 

I'd like to know this. I don't have the HDD unit, but hopefully the procedure would be similar. I am having trouble connecting my phone for internet, and would kill for some kind of feedback other than 'failed to connect for internet'.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 am 

I will describe how to get into the diagnostics and settings pages of the 2012 entune premier HDD radio with voice and navigation. This is for information only. Anyone who attempts this on their own radio does so at their own risk. I take no responsibility for anything that happens to someone else's radio or their warranty. Lots of specific information is available which can help diagnose specific problems that occur. I have explored the pages, and am still using my entune same as before. I definitely do not recommend adjusting any of the settings on these pages, which could make the head unit inoperable unless you know exactly what you are doing. With that said here is how to enter the diagnostic screen main menu:

Car parked, off. Vehicle lights switch at the Off position. Foot off brake. Press vehicle start button. Entune radio starts up. Wait a minute for initial warning screen to clear and map to show up. Press and hold the info button on the right side of the radio. Turn the vehicle lights switch to the full on position, then off, then on then off, then on, then off. Three full cycles of on/off. Doesn't matter how fast you do this, as long as the radio info button is pressed the whole time. If it works, you should see an initial menu with three buttons that lead to other menus.

Good luck. Let everyone know of any interesting findings.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 pm 

Thanks for posting. I was able to get a diagnostic screen in my non-HDD entune by pressing the 'setup' button and doing the headlights three times (there's no 'info' button on the non-HDD units). I didn't see too many useful things in there. Only a speaker check which played music through each speaker one at a time if the audio was on, a 'next screen' button which took you to a page with program version info, though in my case all the info was blank, and a couple of other buttons that really didn't seem to do anything. I guess the HDD diag screen has more diagnostic info since the unit itself has more capabilities.

Great find, though. I always enjoy getting to hidden settings and seeing what you can do. It would be great if someone figured out how to hack these and a whole custom 'rom' scene came about, kind of like what they have with android phones.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:35 pm 

Worked for my prius V three. Then my car exploded. Oh well. Such is life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 pm 

logan5 wrote:
Thanks for posting. I was able to get a diagnostic screen in my non-HDD entune by pressing the 'setup' button and doing the headlights three times (there's no 'info' button on the non-HDD units). I didn't see too many useful things in there. Only a speaker check which played music through each speaker one at a time if the audio was on, a 'next screen' button which took you to a page with program version info, though in my case all the info was blank, and a couple of other buttons that really didn't seem to do anything. I guess the HDD diag screen has more diagnostic info since the unit itself has more capabilities.

Great find, though. I always enjoy getting to hidden settings and seeing what you can do. It would be great if someone figured out how to hack these and a whole custom 'rom' scene came about, kind of like what they have with android phones.

Agreed, like jailbreaking an iphone, only with entune.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 am 

2012camry wrote:
Let everyone know of any interesting findings.

Thank you for the procedure. I didn't find anything too special, just a lot of diagnostics that only tech/info junkies like me would appreciate, lol.

I'm still hoping to find a NAV override function. Any luck on finding that, please let me know!