User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toyota Entune can't get online
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 pm 

Hi, I am having trouble getting online with my Entune system. The phone is connected via bluetooth, but the Entune system doesn't seem to be online.

Post subject: Re: Toyota Entune can't get online
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:40 pm 

Is your phone paired to the Toyota Entune system? If not, check out Toyota's Connect website for instructions on how to pair many phones with Toyota's multimedia system.
http://www.toyota.com/connect/

The Toyota Connect website is pretty straightforward to use - you select your Toyota vehicle, select your phone model, and the site tells you if it's compatible. If it isn't, that's your problem. If it is compatible, then the site tells you how to pair it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:42 pm 

Wow, that Toyota Connect site is really cool! Once I entered my vehicle data and phone model, it gave me a whole list of features that I can do with my phone and car!

Quote:
Handset will pair to vehicle
Handset will place a call through the handsfree system
Transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once
Handset reconnects automatically when the vehicle is started
Switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the phone's keypad or menu
Switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the phone's keypad or menu
Handsfree system displays incoming caller identification
Handsfree system displays the cellular network signal strength
Handsfree system displays the battery level of the phone
(Incoming Calls)Phone ringer OFF, HU Ringer ON
Calls placed from the phone's keypad are placed in handsfree mode
Accept an incoming call using the vehicle's off-hook steering wheel switch
Accept an incoming call through the Handsfree system using the phone's 'Send' button
Reject an incoming call by pressing the vehicle's on-hook steering wheel switch
Reject an incoming call by pressing the phone's 'End' button
Dial a number 24 digits long using the handsfree system
Dial an international number using the '+' prefix
Dial an international number using the '011' prefix
Terminate a handsfree call using the vehicle's on-hook steering wheel switch
Terminate a handsfree call using the phone's 'End' button
Cancel an outgoing handsfree call before the other party answers using the vehicles steering wheel on-hook switch
Cancel an outgoing handsfree call before the other party answers using the phone's 'End' button
Cancel an outgoing call from the handset before the other party answers using the vehicles steering wheel on-hook switch
Cancel an outgoing call from the handset before the other party answers using the phone's 'End' button
Transmit DTMF tones using the handsfree system's digit entry with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system
Transmit DTMF tones using a stored number from the handsfree system's phonebook with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system
Transmit DTMF tones using the phones keypad with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system
Switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the handsfree system 'Transfer' function
Switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the handsfree system 'Transfer' function
Audio system returns to its previous state automatically if the other party hangs up the call prior to pressing the 'On Hook' or 'End' button

Turns out that pairing wasn't the problem anyways, but a cool way to see the list of compatable features!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 pm 

My problem was with getting Toyota Entune to connect to the internet. I found this info on the Toyota.com/Entune site:

Once your phone has paired, to connect to the Internet (which will use your phone's data plan to access Entune) here's the instructions:

These instructions are for connecting the iPhone
*Connect your iPhone® [6] to your vehicle using your iPhone® [6] USB cable (other cords such as cigarette lighter adapter cords will not work with Entune, you must use the USB connection)

*Make sure your phone is turned on and paired with vehicle. For instructions on how to pair, visit the Toyota Connect site.

*Check the battery life on your phone. To maximize the capabilities of the phone, not Entune™, your phone must have a minimum of a 50% battery charge. If your phone's battery is below 50% please plug it into a power source before launching Entune™

*Launch Entune app on phone and sign in. Note: The first time you launch Entune™ on your phone, sign in by entering your email address and password you created when you registered at myentune.com. If you did not register your Entune™ account yet, please click here.

*Within the Entune™ app on your iPhone® [6], touch Options > Connect to Vehicle

*The app displays a lockout screen

*Your vehicle's screen displays a request to connect an Internet device

*On the vehicle screen, touch Yes to connect the iPhone® [6]

*A message displays stating the device is now connected for Internet services

*On the head unit, press APPS

*Entune™ displays the APPS main page

*The phone app displays a lockout screen with the Entune™ logo and a button to disconnect from Entune™.

*Continue with "Reconnecting at a later time"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:35 pm 

I have an iphone 3gs with the entune premium HDD nav unit in my camry. I assume you have successfully registered through entune website, and have previously connected to the entune apps. A few points I found helpful in successfully connecting to the internet features:
1. Allow sufficient time for entune to warm up before trying to attempt to connect to the internet apps. The nav screen shows up quickly after starting my car, but the head unit is still loading in the background. If you listen close to the unit, you can hear the hard disk working for several minutes. Waiting at least three to five minutes before trying to access the entune apps has greatly increased my success rate.
2. I can connect to the entune apps with or without the usb cable attached to my iphone. However, once connected to the entune apps, they will malfunction if I change my usb connection. For example, if i am listening to pandora via the iphone bluetooth, and I plug in the usb cable to charge the phone, I loose sound on pandora. I can only recover the audio by unplugging the usb cable.
3. Once I am having trouble connecting to internet apps, it is difficult to recover. Various error messages indicate that entune is cannot connect to the iphone, even though it shows the phone is connected on the phone screen of entune. The best solution I have found is to restart the iphone. This forces a disconnect from entune, and a fresh start. Simply shutting off bluetooth on the phone, then back on does not work. Once the phone has restarted, I use entune phone screen to connect to the phone. Then, I can connect to the internet apps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm 

Great info, thanks! How do you like the new Camry?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm 

I went with the v6 xle in gray metallic. Love the car. Having lots of fun playing with the entune features. Looking forward to taking a long trip to really enjoy the music and the ride.