User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stocks app issue
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:15 am 

I have been unable to list/search for the S&P 500 Index. I have tried dozens of ticker symbols (such as SPX, INX, ^GSPC, S&P 500, etc. Nothing works. I have tried speaking the S&P 500 Index using voice recognition, but no luck. I had no problem listing the Dow-Jones Index and the NASDAQ Composite Index, but not the S&P Index.

If anyone has been successful in entering the S&P 500 Index into their Entune 3.0 Stocks app, please post your solution. If the person or company that built the Stocks app reads this, please find a way to list this index.

Post subject: Re: Stocks app issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:22 am 

An Edmunds reader provided a solution: The SPY symbol represents the S&P 500 ETF which tracks the S&P 500 Index very closely. The SPY value is approx. 10% of the S&P 500 Index (SPX). The Entune 3.0 Stocks app is able to list SPY, so I can easily see what the SPX value is. This is a work-around, not a final solution. Note that I have not yet found a way to list the actual S&P 500 Index (symbol SPX, INX, ^GSPC, etc.) If you have been able to list the S&P 500 Index in the Stocks app, please post the symbol.