User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Texting issues
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:41 am 

:cry: Texting issues with 2016 Toyota RAV4 and 2016 Lexus RX350. Both pPhones are Samsung Note 4 in each case. Each vehicle has one phone paired to it. Vehicles have been brought back to respective dealers several times and they have been in constant contact with techinical side of Toyota and Lexus (and their local techs) with no resolution. Both vehicles received one text upon pairing and since then even after repeated unpairing and pairing do not receive texts. Have checked the quantity of texts and they are far below what a techi would call massive, between 50 and 200. So emptying the text files is a ridiculous option.

Both phones recently were upgraded to 6.0.1 OS with no fix. AT&T and Samsung has been contacted, they told us to go through the car manufacturer.

Its time for Toyota and Lexus to fix an issue that isn't supposed to exist according to their compatibility web sites. Its time for Toyota to assume responsibility for this worldwide problem. Something in their Entune, etc. is not calibrated or turned on.

Post subject: Re: Texting issues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:34 am 

It still may be a capacity issue, remember entune also can read your email. My wife had this problem with her '16 Highlander, the dealer couldn't figure it out but as soon as she cleaned out the SMS and email inbox it started working. I've never had it but then as soon as I read a message I delete it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:13 pm 

Entune must have a software characteristic that requires a fresh clean phone in order to operate properly. It should not be a requirement since this didn't occur on Honda. Entune must have flaws. Toyota Motors needs to straighten this situation out. How many of us use clean phones when buying or leasing a vehicle. I would assume a very very few.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:25 am 

Holy crap, I think I found it.
Thank you for all of the blogs. I have read through and figured there was an issue with
the Audio player and the text messaging initialization.
Try going to - Apps, Setup, Bluetooth, System settings, (page down) UNCHECK - Display audio player status.
Shut off vehicle and restart normally. Mine has been working as advertised since.

- Good Luck

Let me know how it works out. I have the iphone SE.