User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trouble with internet on iPhone and Toyota Entune System
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm 

I've seen a couple mentions of this around the internet, and thought it would be good to post it on the Toyota Entune forum so that people can find the info if necessary.

People with the iPhone have been trouble browsing the internet using their Toyota Entune system, even though the internet works on the phone through the Entune app. The phone is paired, and then is says 'Internet Connection Failed'

One Toyota Entune says it appears an iPhone must be attached to the USB for entune to use the internet from the phone. But a more specific answer is that if you have the Deluxe DA, then you have to first plug your iphone into the USB port to authenticate the device before the internet connection will work. Once you've done that, the Entune system should be able to connect to the internet.

The http://www.toyota.com/connect website offers these steps to use when connecting your Toyota Entune system to your iPhone:

Quote:
The Entune™ application must be the current active application on the phone. Ensure you are “Signed In” (menu/options or settings) and the phone is in a “listening” state.

1. 1. Plug the iPhone USB cable into the iPhone and vehicle USB console port.
2. 2. Do NOT attempt to “connect for internet” via the Setup/Bluetooth® menus. A “connection failed” message will persist. This step is not needed as the Entune™ services are enabled when the cable is connected and the Entune™ app is launched.

Post subject: Re: Trouble with internet on iPhone and Toyota Entune System
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 am 

Thanks for the help on this.

Question, does the phone have to be connected via USB at all times to access the internet?

Isn't there a way to connect to the internet via bluetooth/wirelessly?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:36 am 

Some phones aren't fully compatible with the Toyota Entune system, so I think you do need to be plugged in via USB for it to work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 am 

I have an iPhone 4.

According to the entune site it is fully compatible.

So it is possible to connect to the Internet wirelessly?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:53 pm 

I was able to connect the "Entune Internet apps" on my new Camry with my iPhone 4S using a USB cable, but not with Bluetooth. I don't think it's possible. Anyone know if Toyota will be updating the iPhone app to enable Bluetooth connections for these apps?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:47 pm 

I was told there would be an update for the Display Audio system early this year to allow Bluetooth internet connections. For now though, it requires the USB connection or internet won't work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 am 

Do you have to connect via the phone charger, or can you use the short little USB connector and not charge the phone at the same time . I dOn't want to affect the battery memory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm 

Has there been any update on this? I just bought a 2013 Prius and I am really bummed that I cannot connect to the internet with my iPhone 4s without connecting it with the USB cable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm 

Any update?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:58 pm 

Just got off the phone with Toyota Entune support today 8/7/2014. Bluetooth Internet connectivity will not work with certain iPhones (not sure if this means all iPhones). The representative stated there is no current plan to support this, and the USB cable must be used for internet. I have a 2013 Prius III. :x