User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Unable to register with Entune: Invalid VIN
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:12 am 

Same issue here, unable to register with VIN...
Just purchased 2014 Tundra.

Anyone we (I) can reach out too?

Create Account - Error
The VIN you have entered cannot be identified. Please check to ensure you have typed your VIN correctly and the vehicle you are trying to register is Entune App Suite-capable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:06 pm 

I am getting the same problem. My VIN number is invalid, but the VIN starts with the number 4 and my insurance company was able to identify my Toyota Avalon 2015 from the VIN number very easily. I purchased this car about 2 weeks ago, and seemed to have overpaid for it by approx 8 thousand more than the same exact car was being sold at online, but didn't see the price listed until after purchasing it :( Anyways, I love the car, but would be nice if I could get Entune App working with it. Does anyone know how, or why it is not recognizing my VIN on the Toyota site?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 pm 

I just encountered this issue with the 2016 Highlander I purchased. I thought that it should have the Entune suite apps. Not so. The term "Entune" refers to the radio itself. You must purchase an XLE or Limited edition vehicle to get access to the Entune App Suite (which only provides Pandora, movie tickets, Open Table and Bing search apps). If you have bluetooth audio, you don't need Pandora - you can stream it off your phone. Unless you frequently use those other apps, the Suite is a waste of money. I got the LE model without all of that and I downloaded the Scout GPS app to provide on-screen navigation. I saved myself $$$$.

Check with your dealership to make sure that your car is fitted with the upgraded radio model. Otherwise, you're SOL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:42 pm 

Yes, I have the XLE Toyota Avalon, but looks like it only has Entune Audio Plus, but should have Entune Premium. I am going to dealership this Tuesday for other issue, will discuss with them then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:12 pm 

Unfortunately Scout GPS app only works with the 2016 toyotas that have the Entune Audio Plus system installed. I have a 2015 Toyota Avalon XLE with the Entune Audio Plus system and seems I have no options for a decent navigation system :((

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 pm 

I am having the same problem with my 2018 Rav4. I emailed Toyota-Entune, so we will see. I also called the dealership and they said they have not heard of this problem, and I should bring the car in to see if they can fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 pm 

Just got off the phone with Toyota Entune customer service and apparently my new 2018 Rav4 does not have it! Why do they include a manual for it & the sales people know nothing about this? GRRRR :x !!!! So the customer service dept did tell me there is a navigation app you can get called Scout GPS Link. So why wasn't there a manual for this or a flyer or something??? GEE! Toyota needs to get their act together! This app Scout GPS Link got horrible reviews too! I'm sticking to my Google Maps! :geek: