User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: USB Media
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 am 

Has anyone identified the maximum size USB stick that can be recognized by the Entune Premium HDD.

I have ordered a 2012 Camry Hybrid and want all my music to reside on one stick. I have purchased a 64 GB Centon Stick.. I hope it will work. From what I have read from one user the head unit recognizes the files and play lists. I am using Windows Media Player.

Post subject: Re: USB Media
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 am 

Ok.. picked up my car.. amazing.. love it.
My Droid Bionic is not on the supported list for the APPS.
Only will store 1000 contacts in phone book. Haven't figure out how to just bypass the head unit's address book and just look in my phone when I try to use voice commands to dial.

Tried to use my 64 Gig Centon USB Stick "No audio found' saw something in the manual about 'buffers files before playing.
I tried a 16 Gig thumb drive and it seems to work fine.
More later

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:52 am 

Key information supplied by Toyota "any size memory stick will work".....one significant detail it must be fat or Fat32. The 64GB stick i bought is formatted under NTFS so it can't be read by the HDD Nav head unit. Win7 won't let me reformat the stick in FAT or FAT32.
Only MP3 or WMA files can be on the stick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:16 pm 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been able to figure out why I could play anything from the USB.

All my files where in the iTunes format, I saved them as MP3 files in another folder and they sent them to the thuimbdrive and now they play perfectly.

you can't group them but at least they play now.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:10 am 

I just bought a Kingston Digital HyperX Predator DataTraveler 512GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive. Put 365GB of files on it (54,860 songs) and plugged it in... Took about 45 minutes to index it all, but works perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:07 pm 

I just bought a 64GB PNY flash drive and moved 25GB worth of music to it. It takes about 4 minutes for it to index the music but it does that every single time I start my 2014 Corolla S Plus. I can't use the random function until it finishes indexing all the music and then I have to tap on "Browse Device", tap "Songs", and then tap "Shuffle" for it to work. The "RAND" button doesn't work at all. Tonight I'm going to try to remove all the tags from every song on the flash drive and see if that fixes it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm 

having the same issue with my 2014 rav4 with the random function. did yours work after removing the tags?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:04 am 

argyle64 wrote:
It takes about 4 minutes for it to index the music but it does that every single time I start my 2014 Corolla S Plus.

Exactly. I stuck in a 64GB thumb drive loaded with about 63GB of music. About 15 minutes later, it was ready, and I could play be genre, artist, etc. But when I turned off my car, apparently it reset everything. What does Toyota expect us to do--drive around with a pile of 16GB thumb drives and swap them out as the mood strikes us? This is basically useless. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:56 am 

Just tested a Sandisk 64GB thumb drive (SanDisk Cruzer CZ36 64GB, formatted in FAT32). I reduced the amount of data to 48.9GB.
It took the system nearly 16 minutes to load the data. This is unacceptable, especially considering it reloads
the information every time the car is started.

Wasted my money buying a 64GB thumb drive when I should have bought 4 16GB drives instead! :evil:

BTW, if your ID3 tags are anything other than ISO-8859-1 (i.e. "English"), good luck. All of my Japanese music shows up with blank artist and blank track name (The albums names are mostly alphabetic). This from a Japanese car company... :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:43 am 

What is your file structure like?

In other words, I have a WD 1TB drive (FAT32).

The file structure I have is like this:

Genre
Artist
Songs

In most head units (after market) you can't create a file structure like: Genre > Artist > Album > Songs

Because it can only read so many levels, like the one I have right now.

Anyways, the reason I ask is because for some awkward reason, my Entune/Head Unite (the stock one that comes with my Corolla LE Plus (2015) literally reads about 1/4 of all my songs, and totally neglects all my top favorite artists (Wu/Jedi Mind Tricks/NAS etc..).

I just wanna know what's works 100% before I start fiddling around with stuff.

I can't imagine it's much dumber and wants, "Songs" as the file structure (no genre folder, no artist folder either).

Please help!

Edit: Actually.. could it be that it's taking more than 10 minutes to fully load all my tracks? At about 10 minutes, the display allows me then to choose different tracks to listen to.. is it still loading tracks while I can start playing tracks?

Edit x2: I have the Entune Basic (2015 Corolla LE Plus) looks like there's a song limitation of 9999. I have over 25000 songs <_<