User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: USB Flashdrive Play All?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:40 am 

I've bought a 2016 Camry and have placed a small number (10) of mp3s on a flashdrive to test Entune's mp3 capability. Sound quality is good. But what is the best way to "play all". Each time I insert the stick it plays the same mp3 over and over, displaying "1/1" when, in fact, 10 mp3s are on the drive. The only way I can get it to play all is to select "Browse" then "Random". Is there a better, or more efficient way to do this. It seems not right for it to behave this way.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

L

Post subject: Re: USB Flashdrive Play All?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am 

lwapner wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before. Is this a known issue?

Thanks, L

I found the same on my '15 Tundra and I came to using 2 thumb drives and naming them different, one is '2015 Tundra' while the other is 'Tundra Lmtd'. That way entune will see different drives and re-read the entire drive then load it. Each time I update a drive I'll load the one not in the entune and keep the other for the next time. It takes entune a couple minutes to read and load all my music which is currently around 2300 songs. One thing to remember is to let entune read the entire drive before you interrupt it and you tell then it's done when the 'Random' and 'Repeat' buttons become active. I currently use a 32 gig drive and have heard that is the largest one you can use.

I don't know if this is the 'correct' way but it's been working for me.