User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Random MP3 playback from USB media
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:43 am 

Waste of time to go to dealership. Issues is across the board for RAV4 2014 at least. I already tried couple cars at dealership and could reproduce this issue every time.

Toyota will need to fix the software.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 am 

I know this is a bit older thread, but has anyone found a fix for this issue. Just got a 2014.5 Camry SE and having the exact same issue. Tried an 8 GB drive full of about 2000 songs and after 15 minutes of "Gathering information from the device..." I just stopped it. I did get it to work with another drive with about 150 songs on it, but even that took 2-3 minutes to Gather the info.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:08 pm 

coolstar2002 wrote:
No doubt it's a pain that Toyota did not do a through testing of their software . so far the workaround that has worked for me:

1. Go into audio app set to play songs Random.
2. After car ignition is turned off and you power the ignition on again go back to audio app and select random (do this before the current playing song ends)
3. immediately switch to next random song on the playlist using steering wheel controls.
will continue to play random songs until ignition is turned off and you start another trip.
Total pain but if you want to use the stick then this seems to work. Basically you are forcing the entune to reload the playlist.

Having to set random EVERY time is a royal pain. I've complained to Toyota NUMEROUS times and they don't seem to give a damn. They keep saying it goes into their national database and gets lost. The company does NOT have any feedback system in place to keep customers informed about the more common problems and complaints. It's also obvious that Toyota doesn't read similar complaints posted the their own forum. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 pm 

I have the same problem with my music in my new 2016 Toyota Camry SE. I have all my music in my usb, so, when the radio is playing the music, and i turn off my car and start it up again, it forgets the album that it was playing. It only plays the last song that was in the memory and not the album. I took to the Toyota service center and they couldnt resolve the problem. they told me that i have to wait for an update from Toyota. That Sucks Toyota.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:58 pm 

coolstar2002 wrote:
No doubt it's a pain that Toyota did not do a through testing of their software . so far the workaround that has worked for me:

1. Go into audio app set to play songs Random.
2. After car ignition is turned off and you power the ignition on again go back to audio app and select random (do this before the current playing song ends)
3. immediately switch to next random song on the playlist using steering wheel controls.

will continue to play random songs until ignition is turned off and you start another trip.

Total pain but if you want to use the stick then this seems to work. Basically you are forcing the entune to reload the playlist.

Shortly after buying my 2014 RAV4, I called & e-mailed Toyota, reported the bug to the dealership posted the problem here and in other forums. My dealership said they contacted their Toyota rep about this. Toyota has yet to respond to customers complaints about this problem. If you haven't already done so, contact the company at http://www.toyota.com/support/contact.html and/or report this bug to the dealership and ask them to tell their Toyota rep. My thinking is the more people complain about this the better chance there will be to get it fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:09 pm 

I did stumble on something awhile back but never really spent any time to prove it...

It seemed I had a group of songs with blank "album" fields and if I was playing one of those 60 songs when I powered down, I would still be able to scroll through those 60 songs after turning back on. I've been meaning to grab my memory stick and delete some more album names and see if the ones I edit then work properly.

Also annoyed that I can't do playlists on usb stick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 am 

ericmcgill wrote:
I did stumble on something awhile back but never really spent any time to prove it...

It seemed I had a group of songs with blank "album" fields and if I was playing one of those 60 songs when I powered down, I would still be able to scroll through those 60 songs after turning back on. I've been meaning to grab my memory stick and delete some more album names and see if the ones I edit then work properly.

Also annoyed that I can't do playlists on usb stick.

All my MP3's are tagged with the artist and song title only. I can scroll through the songs by title or artist but the lack of an album tag, doesn't have any effect and Entune forgets that random was turned on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm 

I have made several calls to Toyota who has tried to replicate the issue and they cannot.

I have emailed them several times.

Got a call this morning from someone at Toyota who insists that the problem has to be in the way in which files are being saved. She said she will send a usb with music on it - I'll be anxious to see that.

She said that in the USB mode, there should not even be a browse option showing. (?)

She also said that it should be possible to have folders.

I have an appt with the dealer on Wednesday so we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:50 pm 

Nicshow wrote:
I have made several calls to Toyota who has tried to replicate the issue and they cannot.

I have emailed them several times.

Got a call this morning from someone at Toyota who insists that the problem has to be in the way in which files are being saved. She said she will send a usb with music on it - I'll be anxious to see that.

She said that in the USB mode, there should not even be a browse option showing. (?)

She also said that it should be possible to have folders.

I have an appt with the dealer on Wednesday so we'll see.

Thanks!! Please let us know how the music files are stored on the flash drive they send you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:55 am 

I have to weigh in here as a recent buyer of a new 2016 Camry with Entune Premium system. My primary use of the audio system so far has been to play songs from a USB stick, a feature I find absolutely essential, except it is flawed as many others have stated. My main issue is with the random playing of songs on the stick. Originally my music was organized in folders according to playlists on iTunes. Random play simply did not work outside of the folders--every time a song was played with the random setting, it simply stayed in the folder where it began. I figured out then that you have to not have folders. Very annoying! But now I have the problem others have, similar to the folders problem: if I turn off the ignition and back on again it starts with the last song played but continues randomly playing only within the "album" that song is listed in, not with the list of songs under browse. If I go to browse and choose a song from the song list it doesn't play. If I go to browse > songs and hit random it goes back to the "play" screen and shows the album art for the previous song played and doesn't do anything--it doesn't play a song at all. This is really aggravating if trying to get something to play while driving! Plus, if I start from the list of songs and hit random, after the ignition has been off and turned on again, it will start with the first song in the list and then play through random set of songs, a set that is the same every time, and if you push the forward/up button it will play each song in some "random" list that it is getting from memory somewhere. That's the thing I find most odd. It plays a list of songs that I didn't create, but one that was previously played with the random setting! And it will do it every time!

I love my Camry, but I have to agree with thousands of other people who have commented here and on other forums, Entunes is a piece of crap if they cannot even get this simple bit of programming right.