User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Random MP3 playback from USB media
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:17 pm 

When listening to MP3's on a data CD, my 2014 RAV4 DOES remember that the random was set when the vehicle is turned off and back on. So why can't the same be true for music being played from a USB stick?

Obviously the media types are different as well as the format - i.e. USB sticks must be FAT32 and CD's are UDF. I formatted a USB stick in UDF but Entune wouldn't recognize it.

Every time I've complained, Toyota's reply is "Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us." Leaves one with the impression that Toyota doesn't really care about customer complaints. If they would tell us the cannot or will not fix the problem - LET US KNOW!!!!

Does anyone from Toyota actually read these forums?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:48 am 

Mine remembers in both medias, 2015 Tundra.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:13 pm 

MT Madman wrote:
Mine remembers in both medias, 2015 Tundra.

Thanks for the info!! Do you happen to know which version of Entune is installed?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:50 pm 

Thanks for the info!! Do you happen to know which version of Entune is installed?[/quote]

No I don't and I'm not even sure how to check.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm 

I have an 8GB USB drive with just over 1,100 songs on it. After several attempts adjusting the MP3 tags (adding random numbers to the song title, adding random numbers to the artist, etc.) nothing worked. Tried putting songs in various folders which didn't have any effect. When the vehicle is turned off and back on, it will not remember the random mode setting. Only after removing all the MP3 tags and it will play songs in random order. Another thing I noticed is that songs play that have never or rarely played before in random mode after removing the MP3 tags.

The songs are on the flash drive as artist name - song name.mp3. One downside I noticed is it only displays xx number of charters of the file name on the screen. It's not smart enough to display the whole rest of the file name on the next line. Without any tags, Grace Note doesn't display any album art. Don't really need the album art because I know what songs are on the USB drive ;) The other downside is the I cannot request a specific song or artist by using the voice recognition system.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 am 

2014 corolla had this issue since day one. Toyota replaced radio in 2016 due to bad touchscreen. Bonus..... usb issue is fixed with this replacement radio. I assume it must have a newer software installed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 pm 

I certainly agree with your comments, particularly with the last one.