User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Navigator route choices
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:30 pm 

My navigator struggles with route selections, it seems to not recognize side streets os in my area the country roads that is so much of what we have here. Instead it tries to take me up and around using main roads and highways only. This tends to produce some very roundabout routes that are much longer in both distance and time than the better ones it should have used. Is there a setting to tell it not to avoid those roads?

Post subject: Re: Navigator route choices
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:55 pm 

Route selection is based upon many things and unlikely to be optimal in all cases. Routing will tend to favor the major streets and avoid side roads. Also, routing information for streets in your area may be incomplete or inaccurate. The Entune navigation will almost always get you to your destination and that's the ultimate goal. It will likely never be as efficient as navigation systems that use crowd sourcing and those that remember your driving habits to refine routing.

Yes, you can set areas to avoid but the settings are really designed for temporary situations, e.g. construction, detours, etc. Avoiding certain roads, especially major roads, would probably cause other problems in future routes.