User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2017 Highlander issues with i-phone 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 pm 

I recently purchased a 2017 Highlander with the Entune Premium suite. I have an i-phone 7, and am having problems with some of the features.

1. Messaging: The phone will not stay "set up" to receive incoming messages properly. I can pair it, and get the first messages to come in and display. But, after that, they stop working (It may be after turning the car off). I will get an audible tone, and a message appears on the display saying that I have an incoming message from somebody. My only option though, is to Ignore it. I am not given the choice to read it. If I then go out and launch the messages, it asks me if I want to set up the messaging. It's like an endless loop. I took it to the dealer. The delivery coordinator fixed the issue by removing the phone, and then re-adding it. But, it only lasted until I shut the car off again.

2. Recent Calls: I traded in a 2015 Camry (it did not have Entune). On the Camry, the list of "Recent Calls" included anything that was a recent call on the phone. In the Highlander, the "Recent Calls" are only those calls made or received while connected to the car. This is very frustrating. I often will get in the car after being in a meeting, appointment, etc. I'll listen to my messages, but can't use the car's system to call those numbers. I have to do it from the phone.

Any thoughts/ suggestions on either would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: 2017 Highlander issues with i-phone 7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:10 pm 

I think I can help you, and others even on Android (as that's what I use), with at least problem #1...which may also solve problem #2.
Here's what worked for me....
On Entune, if you have the "Quick Contacts" as one of your home display screens, remove it by either changing to a different app or going down to only one or two apps shown. Then completely unpair phone from the Entune system and Entune from phone. Turn Entune completely off, turn vehicle completely off if you have to. As an added measure, reboot phone at this time as well, can't hurt. Now turn on both devices, then re-pair the devices, ensuring you allow Entune access to messaging (or whatever iPhone calls it) on your phone by checking under the bluetooth pairing settings. Look at the "pair" and there should be some way to see or access the settings for that "pair". Once this is done, don't ever use the "Quick Contacts" on the Entune system, there apparently is a bug in that part of the Entune phone app (in the vehicle Entune phone app, not the Entune app that's on your phone).

Last edited by thepiratemorgan on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:46 am 

Thank YOU so much thepiratemorgan!!

I did in fact have the quick contacts on my home screen. I did exactly what you said, and it fixed the problem!!

I can't thank you enough!!

Patti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:04 pm 

PattiLKelly wrote:
Thank YOU so much thepiratemorgan!!

I did in fact have the quick contacts on my home screen. I did exactly what you said, and it fixed the problem!!

I can't thank you enough!!

Patti

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are more than welcome, glad it worked out for you. I found that fix elsewhere and decided to pay it forward by registering here and helping you out. I also decided help fellow Entune owners out by writing a post in this forum regarding this fix. I hate it when things don't work right. Especially things like messaging. I can do without the "quick contacts" until if and when Entune engineers decide to fix it (If they are even aware, who knows?).