User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Entune refuses to connect to the internet through my iPhone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm 

During our latest service of our PriusV we got an Entune update. Prior to that update I was able to connect Pandora to the Internet via bluetooth to my iPhone. This was important because I need to use the USB connection to my iPhone for power, since
the Entune system complains that the USB connection to my iPhone is taking too much power to be connected.

With the latest Entune update, I get the failure to connect to internet message when I attempt to use Pandora or any of the Internet apps. I cannot make a USB connection because of the Power complaint. So I have had to run the app on my iPhone and bluetooth connect to the Entune. This is less than optimal since I then have to use the iPhone controls rather than the controls on the Entune screen. This problem means that I cannot use any of the Entune apps. Also, in the previous version of Entune I did not have to have the iPhone Entune App as the active app. In fact I don't think it even had to be running.

What went wrong with this version of Entune????

Dan..

Post subject: Re: Entune refuses to connect to the internet through my iPh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 am 

Dan,

From another forum that I read, make sure that you are using a stock Apple iPhone cable, and if that isn't working, try getting a new one to fix the power issue. Once that is done, I am not totally sure what they did to Entune, but I do know that an iPhone requires USB for Entune to work, and requires the Entune app to be open while using it. It will also disconnect Entune during a phone call, because the majority of networks (besides, I believe, AT&T) do not support talk and data at the same time, so the app was designed to not allow this.

ToyotaHSD

Post subject: Re: Entune refuses to connect to the internet through my iPh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm 

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5. It worked for about a week, but now it will not connect to the Internet. I have spent hours trying to remedy the situation. I have deleted the Entune app on my phone and reinstalled, I have deleted the paring with Entune and paired anew. :cry: No luck. I have carefully followed Toyota's instructions on how use iPhone 5. Bluetooth works fine. So very disappointed.