User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free TXT Message doesn't work or send messages....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:12 am 

So, the Entune system needs a little fine tuning. Thou, it says it SENDS a reply msg back to someone, it never gets there and doesn't show in the SENT folder on the Entune system or your phone. Hey, somebody fix this and sent out and update Please.

Sprint / Samsung Galaxy Epic S II 4G Touch

Post subject: Re: Free TXT Message doesn't work or send messages....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:26 pm 

I'm sure you've tried this, or already know, but does the phone itself send text messages? Since Toyota Entune is relaying the text through the phone, the phone itself should successfully send messages.

I looked around on the help and support section of Toyota's website and didn't see too much helpful.

Here's the 'contact us' section of the Toyota website. They're usually pretty fast at replying.
http://www.toyota.com/entune/learning-center/premium/help-support/contact-us.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:24 pm 

I would assume it's a compatibility issue between the phone and the car. If you log into the Toyota Entune website, you can check the compatability of your phone with the car.

In order to use the text message and e-mail functionality, your phone must support Message Access Profile (MAP). Support for this is still pretty limited, for example the iPhone does not support this but some Blackberry and Android phones do.

Same goes for Calendar, though there the phone must support SyncML.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 pm 

I check on the Toyota Entune site for compatibility with your phone, and the Samsung SPH-D700(Epic 4g) is listed. Is that your phone?

I just picked the Camry as the vehicle, and selected that phone and got this message: "Sorry, your vehicle and phone are not compatible."

What vehicle do you have the Toyota Entune system in?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:11 am 

The difficult part of in-car multimedia and infotainment systems is definitely connecting to all sorts of different devices... the Toyota Entune system isn't the only one with these challenges and problems. Toyota Entune is still fairly new, so I imagine it will be able to keep handling connections with more and more devices as time goes on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:12 am 

entuneguy is correct...give it some time. I've already contacted and spoken with the Toyota Entune System Developers. They are aware of this bug. See, I can see any and all NEW Txt Msgs that come in, but if I reply to them from the touch screen, it says that it send it, but if you look in the Sent Folder on either the Entune System or my phone it didn't send anything. So, when I just need to reply to a txt, I hit the Speech to Txt on my phone and just speak in to my car mic as normal and it puts the txt in for me and then I can also send it as well via voice command. Be aware that this is a feature of my phone and not the Entune System where i can to Speech to Text.

As I've said before in some other posts, with all new things will come some bugs and some fixes. I just would like to see the European Version of Entune here in the US...:)