User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Latest Entune Firmware issue with Galaxy S7. 5/19/2017
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm 

Latest Entune head firmware has a known issue with Samsung Galaxy S7 phones.

I confirmed with Toyota this morning that in my Toyota Highlander XLE 2014 (US) that there is a known issue with the Samsung Galaxy S7 cell phones and the Entune product. Toyota is aware of the problem and they are working to resolve the issue. No ETA on when this will be resolved. :cry:

My current issues since the latest firmware upgrade:
1.) Pandora, iHeart, Slacker generally do not start with errors like "Pandora is unable to start." or "The system is busy right now try again later". However, occasionally they will work but not reliable enough to constitute anywhere near "normal" or usable.
2.) Hands free mode works initially but then drops the audio back to the phone. Again occasionally this does work but is entirely random and not reliable enough to constitute "normal" or usable.
3.) Unpairing/Re-pairing process works as expected but results in

My Galaxy S7 is model SM-G930V (Not the edge version) with Android version 7.0, Build number NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQC5 with service from Verizon.

Prior to the latest firmware upgrade (which had to be done at the dealer), I was experiencing the randomly rebooting Entune head even while driving. Once the newer firmware was applied this issue has completely gone away, but the above new issues are now present.

As I haven't found this problem elsewhere on the internet I wanted to post this somewhere to help those that are going through the same issues.

If you own a Galaxy S7 and are experiencing similar problems please contact Toyota Entune Support - https://www.toyota.com/entune/support/