User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: USB Mp3's are in wrong order
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:57 am 

I have a USB drive that has lesson files in folders.
Each folder has anywhere from 1 to 150 lessons depending on the topic.
Each lesson file MP3 is numbered simply as 001,002,003,004-010,011,012-100,101 etc

It does not matter of they are numbered this way or 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,etc, they still not going to play in the order they are named.

I suspected that player gathers track # from the file, but thats not the case because i have remove trach # from every single mp3 file on that USB.
In fact, i have removed every single meta data possible from all the mp3s in that USB drive yet it continues to sort items in a strange way.

For exampe it starts with 007 and finishes with 031, then it continues to 001-2-3-4-5 and at the back to track 1 which is 007 instead of 001

Player is lacks simple playback feature that would simply list folders/files and play them.
Is there something i need to do ?
Do i need to update the player ?
Can i download and install another player ?
How to do update or install another player. It seems to be that its just an android OS so i dont see it being impossible

Thanks ! I hope to hear some LOGICAL response.

Post subject: Re: USB Mp3's are in wrong order
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:58 pm 

Another problem detected.
MP3's dont play 100% complete. They cut off second before they actually end.
For example, if a file is 10 seconds long and has 10 words spoken each second, last word is cut out.
Perhaps on a 10 second file it will not work (i dont even bother trying to record 10 seconds mp3 just to test) but it does cut out a second from a 2 or 3 minute mp3 file.
I thought something was wrong with my files so i opened them up on a computer to listen and found that nothing was wrong.

Toyota needs to make more then STOCK mp3 player so that owners can chose which they want or better yet, develop a "development platform" for developers so that people can make apps them selves and you will be free of none paying back labor.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 pm 

Why don't you just create a playlist, then play the playlist?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:06 am 

Create a playlist ?
#1 i dont know how to crate a playlist.
#2 I dont want to create new playlist or deal with playlist every time i upload new mp3 file to USB stick.
#3 Why do i need playlist to begin with if i can simply chose what folder of files i want to play ?
Oh wait, #3 isnt not working because for some reasons they decided to take away this simple function of "BROWSE" and replace it with this new "BROWSE" that does not BROWSE anything but showing the GENERATED PLAYLIST instead of BROWSING for files and folders as it SHOULD and as it says.

Think about it. The actual function of the button "BROWSE" does not browse for anything, it simply shows you playlist that is generated by the software.
I think its stupid to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:27 pm 

Wow. OK, well, I was proposing a workaround until Toyota provides an update but it looks like you really want to complain instead.

If you decide that a playlist isn't too much to make and use, because it really isn't, let me know and I'll show you how to make them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:05 pm 

THere wont be any updates on that issue.
It would be best if they were to allow users to develop their own apps so thatt way they dont have to pay their programmers that cost hundreds of dollars per hour.
But they wont.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:05 am 

because it really isn't, let me know and I'll show you how to make them.
ทางเข้า gclub