User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Satellite Radio cuts out
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:33 pm 

The satellite radio cuts out repeatedly as I go through the mountains. My wife was riding with me when it happened and she said she does not have that problem with her BMW X1 along the same road. I have to assume it is an antenna issue.

Post subject: Re: Satellite Radio cuts out
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:54 pm 

I just bought my Avalon Hybrid at the end of August '15, so I have only had the car a couple of weeks. In that time I have come to realize the Entune stereo system has to go. I DO NOT want apps while I am driving, I want EASE and FUNCTIONALITY, neither of which the current version of Entune offer. Previous comments about the Satellite kicking out are true. Either the antenna is to blame or the receiver has absolutely no buffer for storage. Something as simple as driving under an overpass bridge, causes lost connectivity. Although I have not tried to clear a preset memory location or rewrite a memory location, what I have found SERIOUSLY frustrating is not being able to label your stations. Serious/XM has 100+ stations (channels), and they all have channel names, eg the RoadHouse, 80"s on 8, Classic Vinal. So when you preset one of your favorite stations, lets say into location #3, all you get is a channel number, XM channel 23, the 23 is all you read. The Entune has 36 available presets, and all you will see is 36 sets of numbers. I traded in my 2010 VW Jetta TDI, and it had a better more useful system, and the serious/xm stations had labels.