User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bluetooth HTC Droid / US Cellular Carrier (Wont let me on!)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:26 pm 

Anyone have the magic wand? Dealer is clueless, Toyota blames US Cellular and US Cellular blames Toyota. Super pissed the dealer didnt tell me there were issues hooking up to one of the largest cellular carriers in our area. Bought the car for hands off capabilty and it doesnt work!

Post subject: Re: Bluetooth HTC Droid / US Cellular Carrier (Wont let me o
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:47 pm 

I have US cellular and I'm able to do everything but Text/E-mail/Calendar. I have the HTC Desire. What can't you do?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:03 am 

:!: Call Toyota (number is below) and tell them you need help with your Entune. I did that and got a great service rep who really knew what he was doing. My dealership folks tried and tried but I still had issues. (I am hoping they are now solved.... too soon to tell, however)
I, too, have US Cellular -- all they provide is the Bluetooth connection to the car. I was having troubles and my sales rep at the dealership said I should make sure my phone was working OK. So, I went to my US Cellular site and there a service person sat in my new car and made sure everything they are to provide worked (which it did and does).
My issues were caused by the Entune app on my phone not in "listening" mode where it looks for Entune -- and then we had to pair it with the car and tell Entune to use the phone to connect to the internet.
Again, call 800-331-4331; I spoke with a Percy who was excellent. The first rep had to have Percy call me, but he did and was helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 pm 

If you have the Display Audio system, select "Verizon" for the provider if you have U.S. Cellular and it should work.

Ejdress wrote:
I have US cellular and I'm able to do everything but Text/E-mail/Calendar. I have the HTC Desire. What can't you do?

The phone has to support all of those functions, and probably does not. Your phone has to support MAP for SMS/E-Mail and Sync ML for the Calendar. Check your phone specs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm 

Also, check your advanced bluetooth settings on the phone. Make sure it is allowing access to SMS and Email. I had the same problem with a US Cellular HTC Droid and that seemed to fix it.