It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: custom background screen
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 pm 

cvillechopper wrote:
tabascojoe wrote:
Camry SE 2012 with Display Audio with Navigation and Entune
Tested this, "Customize Startup Image" is not an option in Setup > General
I can view the images on the USB stick using Apps > Pictures.

Is there an alt method for Display Audio with Navigation and Entune?

2012 Tacoma with Display Audio, Nav, & Entune. Same problem. The folder names are correct, file names are less than 32 characters and contain no spaces.

This is a joke. I just picked up a 2013 Sequoia with the Entune and am having the same problem despite following the exact instructions to the letter in the manual, and as seen here in this forum... this is such a simple programing step, how can Toyota be so hopeless with it? I am anything but impressed with the Entune after the first day of use. I certainly hope they intend to provide regular software updates to improve this system...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 pm 

I just got off the phone with Toyota Custom Exp Center. They are looking into it. He told me that you need an HDD Nav system for this. I'm not sure that is true. I have a 2013 Avalon Limited w/HDD. It won't upload the jpeg files. This seems to be a software issue.

Update: I got mine to work. For some reason my car did not like the first USB memory stick that I used. I used a newer one and it did work per instructions. Page 46 2013 Avalon Nav. Manual. Toyota CEC still says you need the upgraded HDD Nav.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:27 pm 

mikehilton wrote:
i want to customize my screen but cant figure out how to upload the image

I got mine to work after changing USB sticks. This may only be available on HDD Nav systems. See my post!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm 

Just bought a 2014 Sequoia and can't get this to work either.
Tried re-saving the image. Added the .JPG at the end (because I'm on a mac and didn't know if the file extension was causing a problem).
Bought an entirely brand new flash drive and it has nothing else on it (only the jpg image).
The image meets all of the requirements.

Anyone get this to work when initially it wouldn't work (other than the one person who bought a new drive - not helping in my case_.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 pm 

[quote="MountainMom"Added the .JPG at the end (because I'm on a mac and didn't know if the file extension was causing a problem).
Bought an entirely brand new flash drive and it has nothing else on it (only the jpg image).[/quote]

I'm also using Mac OS, but run Parallels for Windows emulation.

I had to use Parallels/Windows 7 to reformat the flash drive using Windows default settings. (this changed the formatting sector size on the flash drive)

Then I copied the JPG images to the flash drive, into folders named DisplayOffImage and StartupImage (you can load three from each folder)

The correct image sizes were 800 x 480 for my Prius Plug-in advanced with Premium HDD Navigation with 7-in. high-resolution touch-screen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:01 pm 

Thank you Saronian. Setting up those folders was the solution. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am 

When you load a photo on your memory stick you must first click on "new folder" and name it "StartupImage". Then put your photos in that folder. You can put up to 3 photos in of any name you choose. So now you have a folder named StartupImage with 1 to 3 photos in it. Now you can take that to the Entune unit and load them. Its not the best way to do things, but Entune is real pickie. I still can't get my contacts to go over. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm 

instructions worked perfect for my 2013 XLE hybrid. now does anyone know how to extend the time the pic is displayed a couple of seconds longer?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 pm 

To leecrew. I can not find a time setting for the display on pic. It is short. The display off pic will stay there until you turn display on again or easier just to touch the nav button.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:52 pm 

These instructions worked perfectly for transfering the files.....thank you all!!! The only thing is that I don't ever see the DisplayOff photo though they are loaded and I changed the default to one of mine then back to default. When is that picture suppose to show up??

2014 Highlander XLE Premium w/HDD

Solution: Discovered it was user error. I need to select "Screen off" directly on the console then my default picture shows up. Nice touch !!