User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Euro Entune?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 am 

Okay…

So I just ordered a Prius v with Entune. A few hours ago and I was sitting hear with my iPhone 4s in hand thinking to myself… Why didn’t Toyota simply develop a touch-screen so that I can mirror my iPhone to it. So instead of movie tickets and open table and whatever other lame apps Toyota decides is right for me, I would have access to thousands of apps plus my music plus my movies right in my Prius. An exact mirror of my iPhone… and the not have to learn anything new regarding another interface.

And then lo and behold, I just read that they are doing just that with the Entune Euro version, Touch-plus or whatever they call it!

Unbelievable! WTF!

If Toyota had been working with Apple instead of Microsoft, this would have happened for everyone, simply and just as intuitively as my iPhone.

Post subject: Re: Euro Entune?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm 

Yeah that's what I thought when I read the MirrorLink post: http://toyota-entune.com/europes-version-of-toyota-entune-gets-mirrorlink/

I'm not sure if Toyota is testing it in the market in Europe and then bringing MirrorLink to the US, or if it's one of those things that we'll never get in North America?!

Post subject: Re: Euro Entune?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 pm 

Hey entune guy...

I wonder how we can get this message to the powers at be at Toyota? Somewhere I did read that they may consider pushing this to the north american market at some time. It just seems so logical to me. I mean... Apple spent years perfecting the user interface experience. Why not take advantage of that? I'm thinking even if they restricted this feature when the car wasn't moving... It would still be awesome!

In the meantime, I'm going to try and start a movement to have Toyota consider this for the NA market... Wish me luck!