User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Controlling Bluetooth Audio...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 pm 

Just picked up a '12 Camry SE. Does anyone know if you are supposed to be able to browse for artists/songs using the entune contols/touchscreen while connected via bluetooth? Those options are "greyed out" and "unselectable" for me. I still have to pick up my phone to browse and select a different artist/song. I'm using an HTC Desire (Android 2.2 Froyo) to connect. I've been able to use all the apps (Bing, Sports, Stocks etc..) with no problems. E-mails and texts aren't selectable either. I do have the entune app from the android market downloaded and running. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Controlling Bluetooth Audio...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 am 

http://www.toyota.com/connect/ doesn't have the HTC Desire phone listed under any of the mobile carriers, which could mean the phone is incompatible.

Or, more correctly, the website says that if the phone isn't listed, it has not been tested for compatibility - not that it won't work with the Toyota Entune system, but just that it hasn't been tested.

Is your phone a new model?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:57 pm 

Not really a new phone. About 1 year old. Every other feature seems to work fine (Other than e-mail and text messaging) so I guess I can't complain too much. I've since been using a USB memory stick to play my MP3's and it is working perfect. Both touch screen and voice commands are working great. It's just kind of a pain to have to load new music everytime you purchase it. I'll survive....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am 

Just like with anything new..the bugs and the kinks have to be worked out. But, I can tell you this, that not all Cellphones will work the same with the system. My Wife has an HTC EVO 3D and I have the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch, where mine does a few more things then hers will when connected via BT. I've been in direct contact with the Toyota Entune Development Team (TEDT) and they are listening and gathering FB on this to fine tune the system and of course fix any bugs. My guess, is that to make life easier and simplier they may just make the Entune system here in the US just like the one in the UK, where what you see on your phone screen you'll see on the Entune Screen and you can just touch your screen like your touching your phone. The hope here would be that the system could interact in it's Voice Reconigation with your phone's firmware instead of the Entunce Fireware. We shall see...