User forum for all things Toyota Entune

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: does Toyota care?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 pm 

Does the Management and Engineering staff at Toyota/Panasonic care that their Entune product doesn't work?

I have a 2017 Highlander Hybrid Limited. The Pandora app works about 15% of the time.

The Text app does not work. I cannot receive text messages on the car.

I have been to the dealer twice, radio head unit software updated (that's what they said, anyway). No change.

I have the Android LG G5. I contacted LG, they suggested sending them the phone. I would be without it for two weeks. With all of the complaints about Entune on various phones, I seriously doubt that the phone is the problem.

Does anyone care? Toyota is a large company, and should be able to do better.

Post subject: Re: does Toyota care?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:40 am 

gopcs wrote:
Does the Management and Engineering staff at Toyota/Panasonic care that their Entune product doesn't work?

I have a 2017 Highlander Hybrid Limited. The Pandora app works about 15% of the time.

The Text app does not work. I cannot receive text messages on the car.

I have been to the dealer twice, radio head unit software updated (that's what they said, anyway). No change.

I have the Android LG G5. I contacted LG, they suggested sending them the phone. I would be without it for two weeks. With all of the complaints about Entune on various phones, I seriously doubt that the phone is the problem.

Does anyone care? Toyota is a large company, and should be able to do better.

How's your cell coverage? Pandora doesn't work for me near home because my cell coverage is bad.

My wife had the text problem with her '16 Highlander Limited but then she rarely deleted text messages, she'd reached the memory limit, after she deleted a bunch of old messages all worked fine.

Post subject: Re: does Toyota care?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:51 pm 

Cell coverage is fine, I live in town, good signal.

I had read that text messages on the phone might cause a problem. I deleted all text messages and emails. Still have the same problem. :(